Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:18:00 +0200

Le mercredi 12 août 2009 à 17:27 -0700, Graham Percival a écrit :
> I was talking about @lilypond stuff, not snippets.  i.e. if
>   Documentation/fr/notation/rhythms.itely
> contains some old autobeaming stuff requring a NOT_SMART rule,
> what happens?  We can't leave it alone, since that would break
> compiling.

A general rule for handling translations could be, if there are changes
that can be done in all languages -- moving sections, updating @lilypond
snippets -- then mao do it for all languages.  I know this is much of a
burden for the guy who does it, so drop a note on -devel or privately to
me so we increase overall productivity while spreading the work load.
This may sound cumbersome to do this way at first sight, but when you
have moved one file and done all necessary updates in other source
files, it's faster and easier to do it again yourself than expecting
somebody else to do it fo the first time.

For the particular case of @lilypond snippets, there is "make
snippet-update", which is in the best case half-broken.

Cheers,
John