Re: What's the deal with info documentation images?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: What's the deal with info documentation images?
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:40:10 +0100

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 09:10:53PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:50:13AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> > I believe this only occurs in general.info, correct?  via macros
> > in Documentation/common-macros.itexi ?
>
> It occurs in lilypond.info.  Pretty much all introductory material.

Ah, sorry.  I didn't realize that general.info was renamed to
lilypond.info.  (I wanted it to be; I just didn't know it was
already done. :)

> That's not overly impressive.
> This is a chaotic collection of FIXME items, without examples, and with
> comments about "old web site" and "RSS" which have absolutely no sense
> and value within the info documentation.

Well, yes.  FIXMEs generally aren't impressive.  The FIXMEs will
definitely be dealt with.  The images might be dealt with, if
somebody deals with them.

NB: lilypond.info is not a *change* from any previous info docs.
lilypond.info is the info version of the (new) website.  It was
never available in info before, so not having images isn't a
question of breaking previously-working docs.

I definitely *would* like to have pictures in lilypond.info, but
I'm not going to do it myself.  Since you're interested in info,
could you give it a shot?