Re: What's the deal with info documentation images?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: What's the deal with info documentation images?
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 09:55:17 +0200

> Let me be clear.
> - are the info docs not finished?  yes.
> - are the pdf, html, etc. not finished?  yes.
> - did I completely underestimate the pain in doing ANYTHING with
>   the lilypond build process?  yes.
> - would I have completely changed almost everybody about the past
>   summer if I had realized how much trouble it was to change the
>   build system?  sweet mao yes.
>
> That said, the info docs are a fairly minor concern at the moment,
> given the mess that the rest of the system is.

Defending the status quo would appear to be a waste of time, then.
Regardless of the state of messiness, however, I repeat my contention
that the principal project web page is not suitable as top level
documentation anchor for a specific version.  The current document named
"lilypond.info" is the wrong choice, even after fixing all brokenness.

I don't think that an info version of this, the project web page, would
serve a useful purpose, so I think it sensible to completely forget
about "improving" its info aspect (or even its "standalone HTML
documentation" aspect).