Re: Make define-builtin-markup{, -list}-command #:category #:properties

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Make define-builtin-markup{, -list}-command #:category #:properties keywords (issue160048)
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 22:53:12 +0000

2009/12/3 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

> I keep asking for the testing, with little success so far.  I still
> don't know whether the changes from a week ago solve the memory
> leak/corruption problem reported with a previous version.

Thanks, the latest patchset works fine (see attached test results),
and the annoying `Parsed object should be dead' warnings have gone.

> I might have mentioned that I have not been able to verify the original
> report, since it worked and I got no recipe to make it fail in the
> reported way.

I can't give you a recipe to make it fail on your system.  I mentioned
what caused the problems on my system, but I can't give you any more
info than I've already provided.

To recap:

I build the lilypond binary:

./autogen.sh --disable-optimising

make -j2
make install

Regression testing:

make test-clean
make -j2 CPU_COUNT=2 test-baseline

apply patch

make -j2 CPU_COUNT=2 check

The previous patch which failed only worked without -j2 on my system,
but spat out memory leaks even on blank files.

Regards,
Neil