Re: accent and marcato shouldn't be quantized

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: accent and marcato shouldn't be quantized
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:00:23 -0000

Mark Polesky wrote Saturday, December 12, 2009 11:18 AM

So, I'm changing my initial proposal.  Now I think:
1) marcato should remain quantized.
2) staccatissimo should become quantized.
3) accent should either be
   a) de-quantized, or even better,
   b) programmed "smart", ie. conditional quantizing
      according to the points above (how hard would
      this be?  Are any of the points manageable?)

Comments?

Seems like you're way ahead of me on this.  I'm happy
to accept whatever you think best.

"Programmed smart" sounds good, and your (1) and (3)
sound do-able, but the others sound pretty hard to me
(i.e. I wouldn't know where to begin.)

Trevor