Re: Add option to indicate frets by letters in tablature (issue164063)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Add option to indicate frets by letters in tablature (issue164063)
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 17:58:31 -0700

On 12/20/09 2:48 PM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2009/12/14 12:13:07, t.daniels_treda.co.uk wrote:
>
>> I think I've corrected the formatting errors as you suggested.
>> Could you please
>> explain when I should use a 1-space indent and when 2-space, please,
>> otherwise
>> this seems just arbitrary.  I do find a 1-space indent makes it more
>> difficult to
>> see the alignments when the lines are some distance apart.
>
> I'm afraid I can't give you a definitive list of 2-space vs 1-space
> keywords; AFAIK, it's just a feature of standard Lisp indentation style,
> which is why it's advisable to use an editor which does it properly.

I've never had anybody turn down a patch by me because I had the wrong
number of indents, ore even call me on it, because the rules are not well
enough understood by us mere mortals (it's all in the indenter code).

Every time I've been called on indentation problems it's been because my
indentation is inconsistent within one indentation block.

I think if you always did 2 space indentation consistently nobody would
complain.

HTH,

Carl