Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU

From: David R. Linn
Subject: Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 19:27:14 -0600 (CST)

>> Did the old and new lists had exactly the same purpose?  This would be
>> the case for lilyond-user-fr and lilypond-fr.

Two of the old lists were exactly replaced by new lists.  The other
two old lists (help- and -discuss) were essentially merged to create
the -user list.  The -devel list was created new.

>> >   I don't have any
>> > responsibility for -fr list (or administrative access to it) but I
>> > suggest that any renaming, if any occurs, be accomplished by a similar
>> > plan.
>>
>> If the old archives could be imported into those of the new list
>> lilypond-fr, this would compensate half of the pain of renaming the list
>> by creating a new one; this is not more complicated than copying a few
>> mbox files and generating the archive manually using MHonArc, but I'm
>> not sure if we can expect this from gnu.org lists admins.  I just resent
>> my two-years old request for upgrading MHonArc on lists.gnu.org to
>> address@hidden but this time I also set address@hidden as a
>> recipient; if I get no reply within one month, I'll conclude than we
>> cannot make any custom request to the administrators.

In the GMP -> LilyPond list change, I do not believe that the archives
were migrated.  I'm not an administrator of the list server or of
the Savannah server so I cannot guess what you will or will not be
able to get the server admins to change.

--
David R. Linn - address@hidden - address@hidden