Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 22:34:54 +0100

Le samedi 26 décembre 2009 à 20:58 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
> That's a good point.  I mean, if somebody submits a bug report to
> the es list, presumably somebody would translate it and send it to
> the bug-lilypond list.

Sure, this has already happen with the French-speaking Lily community,
and probably for the Spanish-speaking one, but as I don't read Spanish
yet, I can't know :-P

> I agree with almost everything you said -- a rename would be a bit
> of a pain, and it would have been nice if the fr list was just -fr
> from the beginning.  However, I'm _not_ comfortable with
> lilypond-es and lilypond-user-fr; I'd like a consistent naming
> scheme.

> John, please decide to go with lilypond-user-es.  Once you've
> decided that, I'll make the list, and this task will be done.

I won't decide to go with lilypond-user-es, as grounds give by Francisco
plus the burden of past decisions weigh more than a consistent naming
scheme, so I decide to name the list lilypond-es.  We'll see what we can
do for renaming lilypond-user-fr, but that's a different issue.

Best,
John