rebasing multiple git branches at once (part 2)

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: rebasing multiple git branches at once (part 2)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 23:47:41 -0800 (PST)

This is a continuation of an earlier thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-01/msg00534.html

I suppose I have a different git style than Carl and Trevor;
I don't really see the value in keeping outdated branches.
Or put another way, I don't see the harm in keeping all my
branches current.

Anyway, in case anyone might benefit from this, here's the
script I'm currently using.  With this script, I can select
exactly the branches I want to rebase, or just use "--all"
(which is what I usually do).

As with the previous version, rebases abort at the slightest
sign of a problem, and the output clearly shows which
branches succeeded/failed.

Here's the header:

# rebase-multiple.sh --
#   * rebase local master to remote master, and
#   * rebase local git branches to updated local master
#
# Usage:
#   rebase-multiple.sh <branches>
#   rebase-multiple.sh --all