Vertical order of grobs

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Vertical order of grobs
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 00:42:52 +0100

I'm currently trying to fix the vertical order of figured bass. However, I
don't see where in the engraver the vertical order of the items is actually
determined...

The problem is for the following snippet:

\version "2.13.11"
<<
  \context Voice { \clef bass
    c8 c4 c8
  }
  \figuremode { \set Staff.useBassFigureExtenders = ##t
    <6 4>8 <4 3>4
  }

The output should be:

6
4----
    3

while it currently is:

6   3
4----

(There are also some other issues resulting from the internal structure, so
I'll do a complete rewrite...).

Where exactly can I set in figured-bass-engraver.cc (or what object is
responsible for it?) that the 3 should be placed below the extneder of the
4???
All I need are some pointers to understand the vertical stacking order.

Thanks,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886