website translation infrastructure

From: Graham Percival
Subject: website translation infrastructure
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:48:07 +0000

At long last, and after nobody touched it for a month, the translated
files point to other translations:
  http://lilypond.org/~graham/website/index.es.html
Note that I disabled the fr translations because there were too many
"node not recognized" errors and they pissed me off.

After hours of looking at the current translation python files and
getting totally discouraged, I decided to start writing a new python
file, web_post.py instead of www_post.py.  This proved to be much
simpler.  I'm not interested in complaints about this.

Now, does anybody know if I'm supposed to eliminate the ".html" file
these files?  I tried doing it locally, but then I couldn't get apache
and firefox to render the files as html rather than plain text.  And
more generally, does anybody have any clues about what to do next?  Or
even better, does anybody who actually care about translations (i.e.
NOT ME) want to help?