Re: website translation infrastructure

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: website translation infrastructure
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 17:05:30 +0100

2010/3/5 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> Well, look at the "staging ground" for the new website:
> http://lilypond.org/~graham/website/
>
> If we replaced the main website with this one right now, would you
> complain about anything?

A few issues:

- "Manuals" link is broken, points to
http://lilypond.org/~graham/website/manuals..html#Manuals (note the
double dot). All other main menu links are also broken.
- website/ does not support auto language change. One has to click in
"Other languages: whatever."
- in website/index.es.html the "Other languages: whatever." is still
in English. It should be translated.
- "quick links" pane at the right side shows @ref{  instead of working links.

Then, clicking on Manuals:

- Document names are not translated, except for "Text Input" which is
an internal web link, not a document.
- "english" link from translated page leads to main
website/index.html, it should be website/manuals.html
- same for "español" link, it leads to main website/index.html, it
should be website/manuals.es.html
- links to PDF manuals in every "details" pages lead to English PDF.

Inside an HTML manual:

- the "Back to main doc index" link leads to old doc page, it should
be the new Manuals page [when the change will happen]

 I think everything else is OK;

>  If so, could you do anything to help the
> situation?  List issues, discuss potential fixes, and work on patches.

I'll take a look to the scripts and try to figure out how they work.

>  That's how things get done in open-source projects.  And
> closed-source projects, for that matter.

Well, that could be said at the end of every single message of every
single thread on this list.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com