Re: Clarification of 'font' usage to use Gonville over Feta

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Clarification of 'font' usage to use Gonville over Feta
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 02:14:32 -0300

Hello Simon,

see

  http://codereview.appspot.com/246041

for an even less hacky install.

As you note, the alphabet remains tricky.  The current method of
the PFB version rather than the OTF one), so we should first fix that
before trying to make other fonts work properly.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Simon Tatham <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thank you for the comment! Yes, I think there was mild criticism of
> the flags when I initially mentioned Gonville on this list; I
> regrettably haven't got round to looking at them again, but I still
> mean to...

I had a brief look at the doc of how the fonts are created. You may
want to look into learning  MetaFont - it matches pretty well how you
created the fonts, and AFAICS it should be easy to convert Gonville to
MF; it could then be distributed with lilypond. Perhaps Werner (our
font guru) could help?