Re: what's up with the git instructions?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: what's up with the git instructions?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:15:48 +0100

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> I don't want to think about getting the source code.
>
> Right.  The next time you want to clone lily,

... which would be on a different computer that I hadn't set up yet...

> just do
>   git clone gnu:lilypond
>
> now, if you really cannot remember that, I'm offerinc to
> to sponsor a tattoo.

As I told my last girlfriend, "if you're not in the Contributor's
Guide of GNU/LilyPond, you mean nothing to me" [1].  I'm not going to
remember anything in an email, new contributors certainly aren't going
to remember things from emails from before they joined, and I don't
think that anybody should be *expected* to remember anything from
emails.

For the record, I recommend that Mark give serious thought to adding
the shortcut thingie to the CG, but that's a detail to discuss once
we're looking at the CG.

[1]  ... ok, that's a lie.  What I actually said was "look, if you
want to date other guys, that's your choice, but I'm not going to ask
you out any more".  But it would have been *sooo* much cooler if I'd
used the "if you're not in the CG..." line.  ;)