Re: \displayLilyMusic function

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: \displayLilyMusic function
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:21:35 +0100

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 12:16 PM, James Lowe <address@hidden> wrote:
>>   By default, LilyPond will print these messages to the console along with
>> all the other mes-
>> sages. To split up these messages and save the results of \display{STUFF},
>> redirect the output
>> to a file.
>> lilypond file.ly >display.txt
>
> Now this all seems to work however I always get a PDF file created even if
> the *.ly file contains
>
> \version "2.13.6"
>
> {
>  \displayLilyMusic \transpose c a, { c4 e g a bes }
> }

This is correct.  If you look at the console (umm... this would depend
on the way you run lilypond, I guess?), you should see a bunch of
extra text that you wouldn't see if the \displayLilyMusic wasn't
there.

The >display.txt  just saves that extra text into a separate file,
instead of forcing people to scroll back through their console output
to find the stuff they want to see.