Re: \displayLilyMusic function

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \displayLilyMusic function
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 15:13:35 +0200

I am obviously not making myself clear, sorry.

If I run CLI then the 'console' is the log file (there is no log file created as a separate entity), but get a PDF of the engraved music, NOT the 'absolute' output with curly braces.

If I drag/drop on the exe then I get a log file but it DOESN'T contain the absolute output.
OK, I expected the log file to contain the same information as you see on the console, but as you have noticed, it turns out that only STDERR information is included, not STDOUT information, such as that generated by \displayLilyMusic.

Then, your patch to the documentation makes sense, but perhaps it would make even more sense to change LilyPond so that lilypond -dgui sends both stderr and stdout information to the .log file.

   /Mats

Example.

Drag and drop method...

Log file:

# -*-compilation-*-
Processing `C:/Users/jlowe/Desktop/test.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Solving 1 page-breaking chunks...[1: 1 pages]
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `/Users/jlowe/Desktop/test.ps'...
Converting to `/Users/jlowe/Desktop/test.pdf'...

CLI Method...

No log file but stdout is

GNU LilyPond 2.13.10
Processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
{ a, cis e fis g }

Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Solving 1 page-breaking chunks...[1: 1 pages]
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `test.ps'...
Converting to `./test.pdf'...

--

So the ONLY way to get this absolute output at all is to run it at the CLI.

James

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering