Re: \displayLilyMusic function

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: \displayLilyMusic function
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 13:35:51 +0100

Mats

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

James Lowe wrote:
Mats,

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> I would expect the information to appear in the .log file on Windows,
> doesn't it?

There is no log file created when running from the CLI on Windows. Only when you use the .exe (drag and drop or right-click context menu).

Right, but with your patch the readers gets the impression that he has to use the command line interface to see the information, which isn't true.

It is true.

I am obviously not making myself clear, sorry.

If I run CLI then the 'console' is the log file (there is no log file created as a separate entity), but get a PDF of the engraved music, NOT the 'absolute' output with curly braces.

If I drag/drop on the exe then I get a log file but it DOESN'T contain the absolute output.

Example.

Drag and drop method...

Log file:

# -*-compilation-*-
Processing `C:/Users/jlowe/Desktop/test.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Solving 1 page-breaking chunks...[1: 1 pages]
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `/Users/jlowe/Desktop/test.ps'...
Converting to `/Users/jlowe/Desktop/test.pdf'...

CLI Method...

No log file but stdout is

GNU LilyPond 2.13.10
Processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
{ a, cis e fis g }

Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Solving 1 page-breaking chunks...[1: 1 pages]
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `test.ps'...
Converting to `./test.pdf'...

--

So the ONLY way to get this absolute output at all is to run it at the CLI.

James