Re: fixes and questions for make -C Documentation po-update

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: fixes and questions for make -C Documentation po-update
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 01:36:50 +0200

2010/4/11 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
> Il giorno sab, 10/04/2010 alle 14.32 +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen ha
> scritto:
>> And then there are comment entries from inline
>> .ly file, such as
>>
>> #. Documentation/learning/tutorial.itely:256 (comment)
>> msgid "c is 1 staff space up, so is the c above"
>> msgstr ""
>>
>> #. Documentation/learning/tutorial.itely:257 (comment)
>> msgid "d is 2 up or 5 down, so is the d above"
>> msgstr ""
>>
>> but it seems that all languages also translate
>> these inline, by changing the .ly in the tutorial?
>
> This is normal if you read the compiled docs, where the translation has
> been done by lilypond-book, but if you see the translation in the
> source, then it's a mistake from a translator.

Yes, the example above could have been done before the magic trick was
available, I thought these and other comments needed to be translated,
then there were not necessary but there they still are.

Just in case I've missed something, what's the policy about po files
now? Should we wait until they contain only the strings that need to
be translated, or do we go ahead with fuzzies?

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com