Re: VirtualBox & lilybuntu

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: VirtualBox & lilybuntu
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 15:13:06 -0600

On 10-06-05 12:57 PM, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi James,

Then you will eventually be left with a 'powered off' machine in your main GUI
with the name you gave it in the steps above.
I had done all that before.

Select this machine and click 'start'. Then you will get yet another 'first
time wizard'
Nope: "Fatal: No bootable medium found! System halted."
When starting the VM in VirtualBox, you need to press f12 during the startup, which allows you to select the boot "device". In your case, and by default, you are booting from your virtual hard disk, which has nothing on it yet. If you hit f12 in time, the choice for the lilybuntu.iso should be clear, and the rest is a normal install from there. I run Ubuntu Lucid at the office, in a VM under Win XP, BTW.

HTH,
Colin

--
I stay cool and dig all jive, That's the way I stay alive.
My motto, as I live and learn, is "Dig and be dug in return."