Re: status of regtest doc'ing

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: status of regtest doc'ing
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 23:28:48 +0200

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, could Kieren pick up where you left off?  He probably knows
> the docs as well as you do, and he's certainly familiar with
> Internals, the snippets, and the main manuals.

Sure, if that's the most efficient way we want to use his time :)
I believe I ceased to be thorough right after the lyrics-* stuff.

> Having somebody else handle the minute scouring-through-regtests
> could free your time up to handle the overall organization.
> - somebody needs to look through regtests
> - somebody needs to decide what goes to LSR, what goes to
>  Documentation/snippets/new/, and what goes in Notation.
> - somebody needs to add stuff to LSR.  (Phil's been doing a great
>  job of this)
> - somebody needs to add stuff to D/s/n.
> - somebody needs to write English+ly examples to explain stuff
>  that will go in Notation.
> - somebody needs to add stuff to Notation (i.e. make the actual
>  patches)
> - somebody needs to make sure all these jobs are covered, train
>  any volunteers that need training, etc.
>
> It doesn't make sense to ask everybody to wait around while you
> work on the first item if that could be handled by somebody else.

That's not at all what I am asking. I'd just like to finish through
before *Verifying* what has been properly documented or not. So, jobs
#2 to #6 look perfectly available to me in the meantime :-)

Cheers,
Valentin