Re: Question about 'back quote' in scheme markups within our Doc

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: Question about 'back quote' in scheme markups within our Doc
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:14:50 +0100

Sorry, I don't know why this is on this thread. I'll resend.

james

James Lowe wrote:
Hello,

Going on from the 'curly quotes' problem that you resolved a couple of
days back in our documentation, I noticed in the NR while scanning through another 'odd'
single quote mark after the hash (#)  character.

\override #`(direction . ,UP)

instead of

\override #'(direction . ,UP)

See attached screenshot for an example

This is in the NR Appendix, 'A.8.2 Align'.

I wondered if anyone can tell me if this is a mistake or what the significance of the back-quote is vs the standard singe quote?

James