Re: Add \path markup command, and use it for \eyeglasses. (issue1730044)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Add \path markup command, and use it for \eyeglasses. (issue1730044)
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 07:58:08 -0600

On 6/26/10 3:27 AM, "Mike Solomon" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sorry - I should have replied to this earlier, but I was away from my
> computer.
> In woodwinds, I believe that the "make-connected-shape-stencil" does exactly
> this - I use it to draw paths and automate finding extents.  Rather than
> adding two things w/ similar functionalities to Lilypond, I think it would
> be intelligent to roll both of them into one.  Patrick: can you look at the
> patch and let me know what you think?  I have no objection to changing my
> work if you feel that there is a better way to implement it along the lines
> of the patch that you've uploaded.

I think the path stencil has a better format that Mike's
make-connected-shape stencil, because its input is tied closely to
postscript and SVG definitions.

However, if the path stencil won't work for the woodwind diagrams, because
it doesn't calculate the extents carefully enough, I'm not opposed to having
both stencils available.

I admit I'm somewhat ignorant of the need for all of the checking in
make-connected-shape, but it seems like overkill for the path stencil.

Thanks,

Carl