Re: [Request/Bounty] Accordion push and pull symbols

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [Request/Bounty] Accordion push and pull symbols
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 13:51:06 +0200

Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

> On 7/9/10 3:38 AM, "Dmytro O. Redchuk" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Thu 08 Jul 2010, 22:24 Carl Sorensen wrote:
>>> I've got a draft of accordion push and pull symbols.  Please let me know
>>> what you think of them.
>> Looks like "pull" (">" -- it's a "pull", right?) has unequal sides?
> Actually, I think it's a push.

Yup.  Points in the direction you are heading.  Don't ask me what the
"pull" symbol is supposed to symbolize.  Maybe it has something to do
with a "starting line" since an accordion piece has to start with a pull
unless the player takes special measures.  And maybe some similarity
with upbow/downbow is intended.