Re: "patch" for underline function

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: "patch" for underline function
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:34:37 +0100

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:21:56PM +0200, Alexander Kobel wrote:
> On 2010-07-14 12:15, Graham Percival wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:08:39PM +0200, Alexander Kobel wrote:
>>> Regarding your new entry in the tracker about how to comment:  Rietveld
>>> looks like the best option for reviews, but I dislike to force everybody
>>> to use it.  I'm not sure how many developers really can't prepare git
>>> diffs or submit to Rietveld,
>>
>> Everybody developer can do this.  Lilybuntu makes it easy to have
>> git and compile stuff.
>
> You're aware that Kieren reads this, too? :-)

Yes.

> Or does this run in the virtual box under MacOS now?

Lilybuntu is a virtual machine.  It can be run in vmware or
virtualbox on top of linux, windows, or macos.  We've had two new
documentation writers using lilybuntu exclusively for the past 6
months, on a mixture of windows and osx machines.

It works.  It's not hard.  However, the instructions are not as
clear as they could be.  Kieren knows this.  When he asked about
lilypond programming a few months ago, I told him to wait until
I'd worked on the lilybuntu docs.  I've taken a quick glance at
them, and have identified a few problems.  I have not fixed those
problems yet, because all the other emergencies in lilypond,
including (but not exclusively) the bug squad.

Any other questions?