Re: Revised autobeam settings patch (issue1682049)

From: Arno Waschk
Subject: Re: Revised autobeam settings patch (issue1682049)
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 09:47:45 +0200

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 09:43:48 +0200, Arno Waschk <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 03:04:35 +0200, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

On 8/1/10 10:33 AM, "Arno Waschk" <address@hidden> wrote:

dear list,

i am *completely* confused by this autobeaming thing and especially its
documentation.
even after reading it twice i do not have a clue how to practically use
those things.

in a 8/32 measure, i am always having as a 9-tuplet (filling one measure)
3 16th notes and one dotted 16th (in all possible orders). and i want
always whole bar beams. which works fine unless the dotted 16th is first.
how do i change that?

Do you want all durations of beams to be whole bar beams? If so, simply do

\set beatStructure = #'(8)

this is what i tried. does not work for the tuple thing.

Do you want only the tuplets to have whole bar beams, then you'll need to
set beamExceptions.  Probably something like

\set beamExceptions = #'((end . ((9 . 256) . (9))))

i can try this, but now i understand even less than after reading the third time the docs....
why 256????

it gives:

/usr/local/share/lilypond/2.13.29/scm/auto-beam.scm:42:36: In procedure car in expression (car a): /usr/local/share/lilypond/2.13.29/scm/auto-beam.scm:42:36: Wrong type (expecting pair): 9

If you'd post code that shows what you've tried and what doesn't work, it would be easier to help you. And if there's a bug that is causing problems,
then it's easier to debug.

I'm sorry for your difficulties. If you can get back with some examples,

i would prefer to have docs with some clear explanation, which value has which effect. and some intuitive examples. or even better the whole thing organised in a way which des not need pages of cryptic explanations....

Thanks, Arno

I'll try to help (but I'm leaving tomorrow morning on my second week of
vacation).

Thanks,

Carl

--
Arno Waschk
+49-172-3149605

upcoming projects:
Eggert: Bordellballade (WP) Dessau, Koblenz, Berlin
Schlingensief: Two new Projects (Burkina Faso, Brussels, Hamburg, Munich, Mühlheim/Ruhr, Berlin) Maxwell-Davies/Sciarrino: Miss Donnithorne's Maggot/Infinito Nero Berlin Staatsoper