Re: Revised autobeam settings patch (issue1682049)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Revised autobeam settings patch (issue1682049)
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 06:39:55 -0600

On 8/2/10 1:43 AM, "Arno Waschk" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 03:04:35 +0200, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>

>> Do you want all durations of beams to be whole bar beams?  If so, simply
>> do
>>
>> \set beatStructure = #'(8)
>
> this is what i tried. does not work for the tuple thing.

Then this is a bug.  An example would help.

>> Do you want only the tuplets to have whole bar beams, then you'll need to
>> set beamExceptions.  Probably something like
>>
>> \set beamExceptions = #'((end . ((9 . 256) . (9))))
>
> i can try this, but now i understand even less than after reading the
> third time the docs....
> why 256????

Because I goofed and did 9/8 * 1/32 instead of 8/9 * 1/32.

The proper duration should have been (1 . 36).  I'm sorry for the confusion.

>> If you'd post code that shows what you've tried and what doesn't work, it
>> would be easier to help you.  And if there's a bug that is causing
>> problems,
>> then it's easier to debug.
>>
>> I'm sorry for your difficulties.  If you can get back with some examples,
>
> i would prefer to have docs with some clear explanation, which value has
> which effect. and some intuitive examples.
> or even better the whole thing organised in a way which des not need pages
> of cryptic explanations....

I'd love to have some suggestions to improve things.  It's not like I'm
trying to require pages of cryptic explanations.....

Thanks,

Carl