Subdivide as beamExceptions?

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Subdivide as beamExceptions?
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:52:42 +0200

Hi Carl!

First of all thank you for your formidable work on the new autobeaming,
it seems really powerful and the ideas to configure it more "logical"
(although I must confess, I'm still not totally used to all these
changes)!

I would just like to know if it is currently possible to define rules
for subdivided beams?  I think I heard about this in a discussion but I
was not able to find it again.

What I would like to do is (or seems, at least from a user point of
view) quite easy.
I'm really satisfied with current 4/4 beaming rules but I'd like to
add one more "default" rule: I want 32th to be subdivided by 8th.
So the equivalent of

  % Set beam sub-group length to an eighth note
  \set subdivideBeams = ##t
  \set baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)
  \set beatStructure = #'(2 2 2 2)
  c32[ c c c c c c c]

but "automatically", as default rule (i.e. within beamExceptions?).

Because I do not want 16th (and longer notes) to be also subdivided by
8th, which is the case if I use the code above.

I have seen in "scm/time-signature-settings.scm" the line:

  (subdivide . grouping-rules)  (not yet implemented, reserved for future use)

Is this what I'm looking for?  And does this mean it is not implemented
yet, but will be possible in a not-so-long-term future?  ;-)

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>