Re: My web build is different from website

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: My web build is different from website
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 04:57:59 +0100

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 06:56:03PM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote Monday, August 09, 2010 9:02 AM
>
>> (actually, if you follow the scripts in CG 5.2, then you don't
>> even need to bother cleaning out scripts/ or doing a make )
>
> Thanks.  I think I see now why I have a problem.  My git repo is not in
> ~/lilypond/lilypond-git because I ran out of space on my virtual home
> drive.  My git is now on a mountable disk
> in /media.  This setup works fine for make and make doc, but seems to be
> incompatible with make website.  To change this
> I'd have to do a complete reinstall, which I'm reluctant to
> do, at least at the moment.

"make website" should still work... on my laptop and desktop, I
have the source in ~/src/lilypond/

However, the scripts on CG 5.2 won't work unless you adjust the
directory.  A global search+replace in all those scripts, changing
"lilypond/lilypond-git" to "/media/lilypond" should do it.

actually, now that I think about it some more, "make website"
really has nothing to do with the compiled scripts in scripts/ or
python/.  Just doing
  rm -rf out-website/
  make website
should get you the complete website.  If you have any error
messages from that, I'd like to hear about it and look into it
myself.

> So I'll press on with changing the heading/links to bold on the other
> pages, ignoring the incorrect footer.  I can check these changes with
> make doc, looking at the html in
> /media/lilypond-git/out-www/offline-root/Documentation/web.
> rather than building the complete website.

if you're happy with that, then ok.  I'm still not certain what
you mean by "incorrect footer".  Remember that the footer will be
different in a website build rather than a "make doc" build, so if
that's the only difference you're seeing, it's probably not an
actual problem.