Re: Alternate css files

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Alternate css files
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:12:29 -0700

On 2010-08-11, Graham Percival wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 08:32:24AM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> > Is there any requirement to continue with the alternate
> > css files in the web?  These were set up, IIRC, to enable
> > people to view and comment on alternative designs, but
> > we seem to have settled the design now.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, they can be deleted.  Maybe give them a
> quick glance to see if there's anything potentially interesting in
> them, but I'm happy to trust anybody if they say that they did
> that and didn't see anything neat.

>From what I remember, the alternate *web* stylesheets were completely
experimental; we had a lot of back-and-forth design changes and we
kept some of the experimental changes in the alternate ones.  Also,
the alternate web stylesheets no longer work as expected, so unless
something can be salvaged from them, they should be removed.

The alternate docs stylesheets (lilypond-blue.css, lilypond.css), on
the other hand, are legitimate stylesheets, so their respective
authors (Kurt and Andrew) should have the final say about whether we
keep them or not.

Thanks,
Patrick