Re: Move note names to scm (issue3247041)

From: v . villenave
Subject: Re: Move note names to scm (issue3247041)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:25:13 +0000

On 2010/11/23 15:09:14, Carl wrote:
I couldn't comment on the last two files in the patch set.

This is getting bloody annoying. Am I the only one who can't make
Rietveld work in a sane way?

I prefer the old doc string to the new doc string.  Actually, I would
prefer it
to say "Set note names for language @var{str}."  And I would prefer
the name of
the argument to be "lang" or "note-language" instead of "str", because
"str"
indicates the type of the variable, not the purpose of the variable.

You're absolutely right. Done.

ly/predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly:456: #(ly:parser-set-note-names
parser
pitchnames)
Why is this call different from the call in line 20?  It seems to me
that it
should be the same.

Ideally it should, yes; it isn't anymore because my new functions
note-names-language takes a string as argument, and the pitchnames
variable contains an alist instead.
Previously, I did store an alist in the default-language variable, but I
think it's better to only define as a string (namely, "nederlands").
This is more elegant and consistent (see ly/declarations-init.ly), and
offers additional flexibility for my upcoming note-names->markup patches
(not sure this qualifies as a good reason though :)

Thanks for your input!
Valentin.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3247041/