Re: Move note names to scm (issue3247041)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Move note names to scm (issue3247041)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 17:54:36 +0000

On 2010/11/23 16:25:13, Valentin Villenave wrote:
On 2010/11/23 15:09:14, Carl wrote:

> ly/predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly:456: #(ly:parser-set-note-names
parser
> pitchnames)
> Why is this call different from the call in line 20?  It seems to me
that it
> should be the same.

Ideally it should, yes; it isn't anymore because my new functions
note-names-language takes a string as argument, and the pitchnames
variable
contains an alist instead.
Previously, I did store an alist in the default-language variable, but
I think
it's better to only define as a string (namely, "nederlands").
This is more elegant and consistent (see ly/declarations-init.ly), and
offers
additional flexibility for my upcoming note-names->markup patches (not
sure this
qualifies as a good reason though :)

So what if you defined a couple of music functions in
ly/music-functions-init.ly.

/changeLanguageAndSave #default-language

/restoreSavedLanguage

Then anybody else who wants to specify a language in an included file
can do so quite easily.

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/3247041/