Re: Move note names to scm (issue3247041)

From: v . villenave
Subject: Re: Move note names to scm (issue3247041)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:24:44 +0000

On 2010/11/24 00:10:01, Neil Puttock wrote:
The indentation inside language-pitch-names is artificially
compressed, e.g.,

That allowed me to make git regard the file as renamed instead of
rewritten. But you're right, I've fixed the indentation.

BTW: Neil, I did follow your advice or loading all the pitchnames alists
and then selecting the one that's needed (if at all), but am still
concerned by the overhead. The previous implementation \include
"foobar.ly", as well as my initial ly:gulp-file hack, had both the same
advantage, in that it didn't load alists that weren't actually required
by the user (many users won't ever use \language, after all). Don't you
think things are a bit heavier now?

Carl: instead of implementing two new functions, I've created a new
other-language variable. I think it's slightly more elegant, can you
have a look and let me know what you think?

(Yes, there is one caveat compared to the prev-pitchnames approach you
previously used: in the (unlikely) case where a user does
  \language "italiano"
  { some music }
  \language "nederlands"
  { some music }
  \include "predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly"

Then the language will be set back to "italiano". If you think that's
unacceptable, I can cook something up to avoid it. But then it won't be
as elegant as it is now :-)

Cheers,
Valentin.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3247041/