Re: Add /chordGlissando to music functions (issue3530042)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Add /chordGlissando to music functions (issue3530042)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 20:16:12 +0100

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 8:04 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Maybe we could create a directory called hacks/, where items that we
> don't really want in the main code base but are of use to users could be
> stored.  We could then add snippets demonstrating those hacks to the
> documentation, and they'd be accessed by something like
>
> \include "hacks/chord-glissando.ly"
>
> If we started doing this, though, how would we distinguish between hacks
> that go only in the LSR and those that go in the hacks/ directory?

I like this a lot! I can imagine a way of doing that through a new LSR
"hacks" tag, that would be automatically kept in sync with the hacks/
directory (except that these files would be treated differently, for
example their \score block would be automatically commented out).

The LSR isn't write-enabled right now, but as soon as I hear from
Sebastiano I'll see if he finds this idea reasonable.

Cheers,
Valentin.