Re: Fix 1336 (issue3594041)

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Fix 1336 (issue3594041)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 23:23:45 +0000

On 11 December 2010 17:40,  <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here's a patch for issue 1336 that combine's Neil's idea of not creating
> the paper columns with Graham's idea of erroring out when there are less
> than 2 columns.

I think it would be better to create the missing column rather than aborting.

Though we can't avoid creating the first pair of columns (they're
created before translation starts, so skipTypesetting can only prevent
column creation from the first timestep), it's easy to check whether
any further columns have been created.  Once we have this information,
we can create another pair in Paper_column_engraver::finalize (),
which will ensure the root system has left and right bounds.

Cheers,
Neil