Re: accidental.ly regtest

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: accidental.ly regtest
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 17:36:46 +0200

On Tue 14 Dec 2010, 15:12 Trevor Daniels wrote:
> Carl Sorensen wrote Tuesday, December 14, 2010 12:55 PM
> >
> >On Dec 14, 2010, at 5:45 AM, "Dmytro O. Redchuk"
> ><address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >>I fail to see why this test (accidental.ly) would be less
> >>valuable
> >>if there
> >>would be "\key c \major", let's say.
> >>

> >Because you want to ensure that it behaves properly. The best fix,
> >IMO, would be to add "The first note has a natural followed by a
> >sharp" at the beginning of the description.
>
> +1
>
> The test also shows the cancelling natural behaves
> properly too- appearing once but only only once in the
> bar.  A key of C would not show this.  You could argue
> that this should be in a separate test, but why not
> combine them?
Well, ok, I would  not argue.

ps. 10 posts in this thread -- definitely, something should be changed in
    test's description, i guess. Probably, i would propose smth like this:
    "The first note has a sharp, preceeded by a natural (because of key
    signature). The second note does not get any sign. The third and fourth
    show forced and cautionary accidentals".

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk
  Bug Squad