Re: issue classification: priority guidelines

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: issue classification: priority guidelines
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:12:40 +0200

On Wed 15 Dec 2010, 12:53 Janek Warchoł wrote:
> Hi,
Hi!

> I've read Issue classification and i think it would be good to add one
> more guideline concerning priority: i believe that the priority should
> depend on how widespread the issue is. Even minor problems concernning
> some basic elements (that will probably happen many times in even a
> single score) should be more important than an ugly collision that
> came from a contrived example and is not likely to happen more often
> than once or twice in hundred scores, or is related to very specific
> and complex engraving situations.
> Do you agree?
I think it'd be quite difficult to make a formal rule which fit..

I use another simple rule -- "if unsure, set to medium".

And another -- "if i'm incorrect, please correct me, i will learn this
lesson". Well, probably, "if i will not be corrected -- so, it's not a
problem".

Because i think that discussing a rule (what is "minor elements", what is
"many times", "complex situation" etc) and explaining it to new bugsquadders
(or reviewers, or whoever) can waste some time actually.

"If insure, set to medium" -- by the way, please, if this is wrong, let me
know .)

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk
  Bug Squad