Re: keep git master clean

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: keep git master clean
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:13:29 +0100

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> We've got to have some better process to handle this.  I don't know what it
> is.  Maybe a correct build system, so we don't need to do make doc-clean to
> ensure things aren't broken.  Maybe an english-only make doc, so we don't
> need to build all the languages when we're only working in english.  Maybe a
> separate branch that we can push changes to and only gets moved to master
> once a week when it's been verified by a build-meister.

I can totally imagine having a lilypond-next branch where all the new
experimental stuff happens. *And*, as I said before, I think we'd be
better off branching "new/stable" way, way earlier.

Could we have a "branch Meister" who'd be responsible for merging,
selecting commits etc? If I were to keep working on LilyPond, I could
see myself applying for that position. (But of course, someone er,
reliable would be more suitable :-)

Cheers,
Valentin.