Re: keep git master clean

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: keep git master clean
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:52:56 +0100

Il giorno mer, 15/12/2010 alle 11.15 -0700, Carl Sorensen ha scritto:
> Graham Percival wrote:
> > For a symptomatic treatment, this particular case could be checked
> > with
> >   make test
> > instead of make doc.  That'd be 5-10 minutes instead of an hour.
> > Not ideal by any means, but better than nothing?
>
> So can I consider it valid if I run make doc (not make doc-clean && make
> doc) and make test and both succeed?

IIRC, no if you have an old test build around (i.e. enough stuff in
out-test).  The problem is not so much about "test" or "doc" make
targets, but how clean the build is.  If you only want to check a
regtest, you can just

find input/regresssion -name out-www |xargs rm -rf

before making doc (this also cleans regtests from subdirs like
musicxml).

HTH,
John