Re: scripts/auxiliar/update-with-convert-ly.sh appears not to work on Do

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: scripts/auxiliar/update-with-convert-ly.sh appears not to work on Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 14:39:50 -0700

On 12/16/10 10:25 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 09:52:07AM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:
>>
>> sorensen2:lilypond Carl$ find Documentation/ -path 'Documentation/snippets'
>> -prune \
>>> , -name '*.itely' | grep rhythms
>> find: ,: unknown option
>>

>> It's the , in the find.
>
> Could you try replacing it with an -o ?  apparently -or is not
> posix compliant, but it doesn't say that -o  is not posix.
>
> find Documentation/ -path 'Documentation/snippets' -prune -o -name
> '*.itely' | grep rhythms
>

> ... using -o instead of -or is one of the stupidest posixisms I've
> heard of since "creat", but if it works I guess we just need to
> grin and bear it.

Works great:

sorensen2:lilypond Carl$ find Documentation/ -path 'Documentation/snippets'
-prune -o -name '*.itely' | grep rhythms
Documentation//de/notation/rhythms.itely
Documentation//es/notation/rhythms.itely
Documentation//fr/notation/rhythms.itely
Documentation//notation/rhythms.itely
Documentation//out/rhythms.itely
Documentation//out-www/rhythms.itely
Documentation//snippets/rhythms-intro.itely

Thanks,

Carl