Re: lilybuntu 2 and instructions

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: lilybuntu 2 and instructions
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:48:00 -0600

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

>> BTW: since we are effectively distributing a full-blown GNU/Linux
>> distro, we might want to consider naming it differently; as things
>> currently are, I'm afraid we're committing a trademark infringement of
>> sorts:
>> """
>> Any mark ending with the letters UBUNTU or BUNTU is sufficiently
>> similar to one or more of the trademarks that permission will be
>> needed in order to use it.
>> "
>> http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy
>
> According to this policy, we should probably be called "Ubuntu, LilyPond
> Remix".

Should I change the filenames then?

I've posted lilybuntu2.1.iso on http://files.lilynet.net/

This implements Graham's wish of having the pdf CG and a terminal
launcher on the desktop. There's also a shell script on desktop that
when double-clicked and "Run" will open a browser and go to the CG on
the web.  Also lily-git.tcl is on desktop instead of home dir.  I can
add git-gui next if ya'll want it.

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp