Re: Documentation of Dynamics context and postfix dynamics changes (issu

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Documentation of Dynamics context and postfix dynamics changes (issue3732046)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:57:44 +0000

Keith

Some of your new material is not in the agreed style the NR, in
particular your attempts to make the examples prettier by inserting \bar
commands.  This should not be done without wider agreement to insert
them in all the examples - a change I would oppose as I believe the code
in the examples should be as simple as possible.  Also the style of
writing LilyPond code should follow the rest of the NR, in particular in
the use of newlines.  Otherwise the changes look fine.

Trevor

http://codereview.appspot.com/3732046/diff/1/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely
File Documentation/notation/expressive.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3732046/diff/1/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely#newcode313
Documentation/notation/expressive.itely:313: \bar "||" e2\p\< f | e2\>
d\! | a2\< b | c1\decr s1*0\! \bar "|."
Although it looks prettier with inserted \bar commands these are
unnecessary to illustrate the point and are inconsistent with the rest
of the document.  They should all be removed.   Start a new line in the
music code after each hairpin is terminated.  Insert bar checks
consistently.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3732046/diff/1/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely#newcode319
Documentation/notation/expressive.itely:319: or @code{\!} or its synonym
@{\endcresc}.
@code{\endcresc}

http://codereview.appspot.com/3732046/diff/1/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely#newcode324
Documentation/notation/expressive.itely:324: \bar "||"
drop \bar

http://codereview.appspot.com/3732046/diff/1/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely#newcode352
Documentation/notation/expressive.itely:352: \dimHairpin     c2\< d\! |
e\> d\! \bar "||"
drop \bar's
start music on newlines
I'd also prefer to see the full set of \dimText's illustrated

http://codereview.appspot.com/3732046/