Re: lilybuntu 2 and new CG 2 quick start

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilybuntu 2 and new CG 2 quick start
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:51:52 +0000

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 06:57:46PM +0000, James wrote:
> http://lilypond.org/~graham/cg-giraffe/using-lilybuntu.html
>
> >•Pasting into a terminal is done with Ctrl+Shift+v.
>
> This is not true (for me anyway - just tried it).

really?  I tried it a couple of times, and it worked for me.

> You can, with a mouse right-click paste (Windows Host and Mac Host -
> if you have a mouse with enough buttons or you programme the button)
> and actually ctrl-v DOESN'T work for me!

ctrl-v is not expected to work in the terminal; we think it should
be shift-ctrl-v.

> Copy/Paste from the PDF/Website on my Host Machine into my VM
> doesn't seem to work for me. The clipboard sharing between guest and
> host (and vice versa) seems to be patchy at best and simply won't
> work at worst.
>
> So we could offer newcomers that can't think for themselves, that
> they may need to view the docs/URL within the VM to be able to
> copy/paste.
>
> Not a huge deal, but thought I would mention it.

Yes, version 2.1 has such a pdf and a link to the online docs
within the VM.  Perhaps I should add a warning against trying to
copy&paste from host to guest OS, and encourage people to do all
their copy&pasting inside the guest ?