Re: lilybuntu 2 and instructions

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: lilybuntu 2 and instructions
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 14:29:27 -0600

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> We have "default applications removed" and have "some variance in package
>> selection".  Therefore, this is not just Ubuntu, it's a derived work from
>> Ubuntu, at least in Ubuntu's mind.  And Ubuntu wants it called a "remix" if
>> we are going to use any trademarks.
>
> The one sticky point might be removing openoffice+evolution.  That
> may not be considered a "minimal change" and might be "removing
> infrastructure components... desktop components".  If we wanted to
> use the "ubuntu remix" name, then I gather that we'd best only add
> developer-oriented packages, and do the extra installations
> (fontforge, git-cl, and some links on the desktop)

Latest iso (just finished, not uploaded) still has evolution,
therefore still has ubuntu desktop environment metapackage installed.
Still has Ubuntu software center & other ubuntu-specific desktop stuff
like that. I think we're o.k. here. Openoffice is all gone. Down to
847 MB. It's the texlive stuff that eats up the most space.

What we call the remix is one thing, the filename is another. I think
"Ubuntu, Lilypond Development Remix" is good, albeit long as remix
name. filename should be something like ubuntu-lilydev-remix3.0.iso

The only name anyone will see all through installation and use is
"Ubuntu," though.
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com