Re: lilybuntu 2 and instructions

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilybuntu 2 and instructions
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:03:09 +0000

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 11:42:59AM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> In general, a Remix
> can have applications from the Ubuntu archives added, or default
> applications removed, but removing or changing any infrastructure components
> (e.g., shared libraries or desktop components) will result in changes too
> large for the resulting product to be called by a Trademark.

Hmm.

> We have "default applications removed" and have "some variance in package
> selection".  Therefore, this is not just Ubuntu, it's a derived work from
> Ubuntu, at least in Ubuntu's mind.  And Ubuntu wants it called a "remix" if
> we are going to use any trademarks.

The one sticky point might be removing openoffice+evolution.  That
may not be considered a "minimal change" and might be "removing
infrastructure components... desktop components".  If we wanted to
use the "ubuntu remix" name, then I gather that we'd best only add
developer-oriented packages, and do the extra installations
(fontforge, git-cl, and some links on the desktop)

> I'm OK with Graham's name.  I might actually prefer u-contrib-lily, because
> it sounds almost like an invitation -- "you can contribute to lilypond".

Cute.  :)