Towards a new pitch representation

From: Felipe Gonçalves Assis
Subject: Towards a new pitch representation
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 18:07:35 -0300

Hello,

Issue 1278 (http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1278)
clarified that, in order to support some microtonal notations, LilyPond
needs to use a different pitch representation.

I am willing to make that happen. Of course, this will require some
contribution from more experienced developers. That being said,
this contribution needs to be no more than objective discussions
about well-defined questions and, at the end, a patch review.

Could you, please, help me with that?

This thread is for such discussions. I intend to address issues
sequentially and generally in a top-down direction.

A useful reference will be the experimental patch I just posted
on Rietveld: http://codereview.appspot.com/3789044/

Please try it, and take a look at it if possible, but do not start
commenting the code before we agree on the fundamentals.
We might end up with a quite different version of that.

In follow ups, I will start to bother you with questions.

Thanks in advance for your attention and any support provided.

Kind regards,
Felipe

P.S. While I understand that this issue is probably something for
2.15, I must remark that by March I will be very busy.