Re: Updates to bagpipe.ly

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Updates to bagpipe.ly
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 22:53:59 +0000

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 05:35:43PM +0100, Sven Axelsson wrote:
> Perhaps a starting point would be if someone could have a look at what
> I'm doing in https://github.com/svenax/bagpipemusic/. The relevant
> file is bagpipe_new.ly, and there are lots of examples on how to use
> it in the repo as well.
>
> The new mode is not backwards compatible with the old one, so I would
> have to include some convert-ly rules if approved.

Are there any parts of your new file that can be added without
tweaking the score and layout?  If so, why not prepare a patch for
those "un-controversial" parts, and get those accepted first?

Are your layout tweaks any less severe than stuff we do for
gregorian?  If so, that could be a good reason to accept them.  If
not, you could just make a few macros which do the tweaks, so that
users only have to do
\include "bagpipe.ly"
\paper {
  \bagpipeSpacing