Re: shortened flags affair, part 3 - 32nds stem length

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: shortened flags affair, part 3 - 32nds stem length
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 05:24:08 +0100 (CET)

> i suggest making unbeamed 32nd stems a bit shorter than they are
> now.  The main reason for doing so is to better match the stem
> length of the beamed notes.

While I generally agree with your suggestions, I'm not sure that it is
the right solution.  In many of the `red' cases of the `old' image, I
think that the length of the unbeamed 32nd stems are fine, but the
length of the beamed stems you are comparing to are too short.  To be
more precise, I would increase the minimum stem length for beamed
32nds so that the beams snap to the next, more distant staff line.

Have you played with that also?

    Werner