Re: GOP-PROP 8: issue priorities (probable decision)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 8: issue priorities (probable decision)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:06:16 -0700

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 04:59:02AM +0000, Keith OHara wrote:
> Graham Percival <graham <at> percival-music.ca> writes:
>
> > Type-critical:
> >
> You might want to split this into two:
>  regressions to the output of Lilypond, and
>  critical impediments to development

Why bother splitting it?  I forsee an average weekly count of 2
Critical regressions, and 0.15 critical impediments to
development.  I really hope that both "sub-types" would be fixed
very quickly, and both will block a stable release.  Given that
every other type is likely to have between 20 and 400 issues, I
don't think that it's worth splitting them.

> >     * Type-ignorance: (fixme name?) it is not clear what the
> >       correct output should look like.
>
> In a classification of Types, I'd drop this.  It is not a type
> of problem but rather a status of problem, and not something we
> will likely want to sort under.  We can look in the comments to
> see if the desired behavior is clear before starting to program.

I'm fine with that.