Re: Makes sure that ledger lines do not overlap with accidentals. (issue

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: Makes sure that ledger lines do not overlap with accidentals. (issue 4898060)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 08:59:50 +0200

Hey all,

My patch did change output (it prevented duplicate ledger lines), although I
did not spot the result that Janek sees.

The old patch is also flawed, in that it only changes the ledger line directly
next to the accidental.  The entire bounding box of the accidental should,
however, be taken into account.
I maintain that the best solution is:

{
 \override Staff.Accidental #'layer = #-100
\override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner #'layer = #-101
\override Staff.Accidental #'whiteout = ##t
<des ces'>

}

Which is a trivial change to engravers-init.ly.  I'll post a patch later today
unless anyone sees a better alternative.

Cheers,
MS