Re: Add support for custom ledger positions, using two new staff-symbol

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Add support for custom ledger positions, using two new staff-symbol properties (issue 4974075)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:56:58 +0000

Most of the complexity is due to the repeating cycle facility.  First,
you might try out that feature, and reconsider whether it is worth the
complexity in the code.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4974075/diff/28001/lily/staff-symbol.cc
File lily/staff-symbol.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4974075/diff/28001/lily/staff-symbol.cc#newcode184
lily/staff-symbol.cc:184: me->warning (_ ("ledger_positions is not
sorted, may show unexpected behaviour"));
Probably not necessary, because the printed ledger lines demonstrate the
behavior.  If somebody re-arranges the ledger lines, does the warning
print once per system or just once when they are set?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4974075/diff/28001/lily/staff-symbol.cc#newcode186
lily/staff-symbol.cc:186: if (cycle < 0.1)
  cycle = 2.0;

http://codereview.appspot.com/4974075/diff/28001/lily/staff-symbol.cc#newcode200
lily/staff-symbol.cc:200: do
We want a test here to ensure we can follow the tail of 's' in line 231
below.  Otherwise a mysterious segfault could appear if the test above
involving 'cycle' is ever changed.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4974075/